Native Bruin- Past, Present, & Emerging – Aiko Little

This MARCH 2023 we are highlighting Native Bruin Aiko Little (Oglala Lakota) class of 2020.
Aiko Little is a Native American (Oglala Lakota) & Filipina writer, actor, and Vice Chair of the WGA’s Native American Indigenous Writer’s Committee. Aiko was recently staffed on GET IT for Amazon – an upcoming Native American series set in LA from Kate Purdy – and was also the writers’ assistant on OUTER RANGE for Amazon. Born and raised in San Francisco, Aiko spent over a decade at the American Conservatory Theatre and graduated from UCLA with a BA in Theater/Acting.
PERSONAL QUOTE:
“UCLA not only challenged me to embrace the unexpected but allowed me to further discover my role as an Indigenous storyteller. I more deeply appreciated the teachings my community gifted me with each milestone. I learned how to use every experience, from good to bad, to amplify my voice and demand space for more storytellers. UCLA showed me how the incredible trailblazers came to be and pushed me to create more for the next seven generations.”