Applications are closed for this academic year. Please come back in November when applications re-open for the next cycle.
The UCLA Institute of American Cultures (IAC) invites applications for support of research on African Americans, American Indians, Asian Americans, and Chicanas/os. The Institute also invites proposals on interethnic relations that will increase collaboration between the Centers and/or between the Centers and other campus units.
- UCLA faculty, lectures SOE, staff, graduate students, and IAC visiting scholars.
- Reimbursement basis only.
- Funds for purchase of permanent equipment provided only under exceptional circumstances.
- Conference travel, whether for presenting or attending, is not reimbursable.
- Grant Period: July 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022. Applications available October 15, 2020 and must be received by 11:59 p.m., March 1, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applicants will be notified in May.
- Prior to submission of the application, applicants should briefly discuss their proposal with the Coordinator of the appropriate Center, or in the case of interethnic proposals, with each applicable Center.
- All grant recipients, where appropriate, must comply with UCLA’s Protection of Human Subjects in Research before receiving funding.
- If you have been awarded this grant for the last two academic years (2019-20 and 2020-21), you are not eligible to apply for a 2021-22 grant.
To Apply: Application available online at : https://sa.ucla.edu/IAC/ResearchGrant
For questions, please contact:
American Indian Studies Center
Pamela Grieman, Assistant Director
(310) 206-7514 | Fax (310) 206-7060